Thursday, March 22

What A Year

Today marks my 1st Anniversary of being in Japan. Originally, I thought it would be just a temporary thing; exploring the culture, but I never would've guessed how much more intriguing, enticing and exciting life is here.

It quickly dawned on me that Japan would mean so much more than just a one-year thing.

I'd love to be able to tell you my plans and be a bit more definitive than I am going to be, but for now all I can say is I'm not sure what the future has in store, but I hope that this country is a part of it in some way, whichever path I choose.

So many amazing things: cherry blossom, izakaya, karaoke, climbing Fuji, learning Kanji, nice students, people coming to visit, Birthday packages, Keiko, travelling, onsen, Tsunashima Bridge, nursery schools, New Year in a Japanese home, Valentine's presents, wasabeef, wasabi and sushi... to name but a few!

I can't get over how fast this year has flown by.

It really has.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, thus a year (and a day) since we last met. hope you've had a lovely time so far, there will be much more to come i'm sure. you are sorely missed.

Anonymous said...

phil... miss you! so it's just over a year ago that we were at rae's, goin out and drinkin flavoured vodka and annoyin her by talkin about 24 too much (not to mention the belly dancing with that crazy woman!)....
write soon (you bad correspondant you! j/k) - hope you had a lovely time with ur mum there etc.
love, fi xx