Friday, January 11

Beautiful

Last weekend, I went back to Enoshima for the umpteenth time. It's my favourite place outside Tokyo, and this is a great season as Fuji is at its clearest. I walked the whole island and then had that dilemma that it's a trek to go back around. This time, there was a small motorboat service and we made it onto the last sailing, at 4:30. It was a great time to go, as the captain didnt go directly to the land but went around the whole island to the docks. As he said "a full service trip". In Japanese, of course. As we sailed (do you sail in a motor boat?) past Fuji, the sun set.



Truly beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vey nice picture, do you cruise in amotor boat?

Anonymous said...

Some amazing photos mate! Did you use any filters on the camera or is the sky really that red and cool looking??

I think technically you motor in a motor boat. If in a sail boat, but not under sail your are motoring...

Anonymous said...

do you paddle in a steamer?

phil-san said...

I wouldnt know what a filter looked like, but thanks for thinking i could be that technical!

Really, the sky was that colour. or at least my camera thought so.

I'm pretty certain you row in a row boat, but what do you do in a yacht?

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are some beautiful pics....you guys were in the right place at the right time.......we haven't been to Enoshima yet, it's on my list of places to go along with Nikko, but I was thinking in the spring or summer.....