Saturday, February 7

Blog Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

Valentine's is coming up, which means a chocolate explosion around the world, dragging into White Day in March. So a few related entries to follow.

How about starting with this one. Although Snickers and a few other Wetern chocolates can be found in Japan, the most popular is KitKat. I don't know why but they're everywhere. And what's particularly special is the variety of flavours they come in. Like drinks in covenience stores, there seems to be a new promotion every month.

Nestle have a website, with a time machine and world tour.


There's also a community-website dedicated to the flavours. Some of the highlights include: sweet potato, cherry-blossom, the infamous green tea, chocolate banana, muscat, soy sauce (!), caramel macchiato, and watermelon.


There are, literally, hundreds of flavours, either season-based, just for the hell of it or for occassions, such as entrance exams. Or...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that when your Dad used to go to service stations to do their accounts he asked me what I thought was the most popular chocolate and I said Mars I think, but it was KitKat far and away. So not only in Japan I think. Personally I have never been a big fan, but there is no accounting for taste