Monday, February 2

The Curious Incident Of The Waffle In The Waffle Box

Tonight we had Bird's Eye Potato Waffles because, well, they're waffling versatile. And £1 for a box of 12 at the moment in Iceland. Oli and I had 6 a few days ago and I went to stick the rest in the oven tonight but I could only count 5. I searched high and low, in the freezer and at the bottom of the box, the mystery thickening to the point where I considered submitting it for an episode of Lost.

I was close to demanding my 12th of a pound back from Captain Birdseye (as well as demanding to know his Benjamin Button-esque secret to lose 30 years) or accuse Oli of snacking on one on his way to work.

But then there were 6.

The End.

(There's a Short Story Writing Competition in Bournemouth coming up. Do you think this is the type of thing they're going for?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Birds Eye Potato Waffles
Waffly versatile

Do you remember the ad?

And I want a picture of Oliver's "delicious coffee cake" on here please.

Mumxxxx