Sunday, September 30

I Don't Think We're In Kanto Anymore*

Just to let you all know, I arrived safely. There were a few issues at the airport with luggage allowance and safety checks, but the flight went smoothly. I've been here a day which is not enough time to make a balanced opinion. However, I can give a first impression: it's very different, which needs explaining, but not tonight.

Generally, I like it, but I'm not sure how much. Everyone told me not to compare it to Tokyo, but why not? If I'm going to be living in Asia for the time being, why not choose the better place to live.

Let battle commence.

I have one more day off before work, so I will update tomorrow, but now is bed time.

*Kanto being the region Tokyo is in - well I thought it was clever enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really lovely to 'talk' to you before. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures on the other side of the world but a little bit closer!

Anonymous said...

good to know you got there safe broseph. good luck in the new 'territory'? is hong kong a country, i dunno. have a really excellent time

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Nova made it to The Times on Saturday 29th suggesting it was about to collapse. Look forward to seeing you in November.

Love Mike (The Godfather)