Tuesday, June 3

This Is The Last Call For Flight Number...

I bought my flight home today. I went for the cheapest option possible (barring the ridiculous i.e. multi-transfer, two-day travel etc) which means I'm on the 9:55PM Air France from Narita on the Thursday 17th July, change at Paris, and then a short hop over to England. I arrive in Southampton (another reason I chose that flight, as it's pretty close to home, and I don't have to bother with Heathrow) 8:30am Friday 18th July; at a sensible time. There was a slightly cheaper option of leaving Tokyo at lunchtime and arriving Southampton at 10pm that night, but didn't want the hassle of getting a train home that late; this way I can take my time.

Two peculiarities:
1) The website droned on about me using a paper-ticket, sent to a UK address, yet as soon as I paid, I received an e-ticket. I guess it's worth taking the paper ticket with me just in case. (Thank you to whoever posts me the ticket).
2) One-way flights are over double the price of a return flight; I understand the reasoning for this, but come on, over double the price!!

So that's it, 6 more weeks here, London job-hunting. I'll only be doing the same thing in England, unless I find something here before I leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you're not very happy about coming back but it will be wonderful for me to have you so much closer. And another good thing is that I will be in Bournemouth on the weekend that you come back as well so will get a chance to see you then.
Mum xxx

phil-san said...

Thanks! You might be seeing more of me than expected following that weekend, hint hint nudge nudge.

Maybe I can hide in your suitcase. Keiko's in mine.

Anonymous said...

Let me know asap so if necessary I can book an extra ticket on the plane