Thursday, June 12

True Colours

I don't think I have to exclaim any more my love for all things Japan. Turning Japanese included but swiftly moving on. Instead, a look at the aspect of Japan that I find the most hideous.

The News.

News in Japan is disgusting, repugnant and everything similar a thesaurus will spout out. International reports are almost nonexistent, and small-scale stories are blown out of proportion by the media to the extent where a pointless issue is focused on for, literally, weeks on end. I think it was when Mum was here that a small plane had crashed (no-one died) and every time we turned on the TV that week, the same clip was being shown. This isn't that important.

What is terrible is the way the paparazzi/journalists treat people in the spotlight and how this ties into the problem of assigning blame. Take the Akihabara problem last weekend; instead of looking to hard-hitting social issues, the parents are interviewed and take responsibility for what happened.

The following is tough to watch, and makes my blood boil. Be warned.


I don't know how everyone just lets that poor woman fall to the ground and struggle her way back inside while continuing taking photos. It's shameless and horrific.

No comments: