Monday, December 15

Fish And Tourists

The local fish and chips shop has been merged with a Chinese takeaway for some time now but it was only recently I bought some mushy peas which, under new management, translates as a tub of boiled peas. Foolishly or otherwise, I tried it a second time but still no luck. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice then shame on... the point is you can't be fooled again. Speaking of Bush, nice to see that his eight years in Presidency ends with shoes being thrown at him!

And that my friends, is what you call a ramble.

Back on track, and the news is that Tsukiji Fish Market is closing its doors to the public over the holidays. Whilst it won't make or break a holiday in Tokyo, the tuna auction is impressive. I can't comment on the problem of tourists as the day I went there were only about ten of us in total and we all stayed far back. Larger groups I could imagine getting in the way, although those scary carts they drive everywhere are not worth trying to dodge - just stay well away, they won't slow down for you.

And then a News clip has emerged, explaining why the ban is being taken seriously by the workers: the disgusting and offensive Londoners here give all tourists a bad name. It's worth watching to the end of the video to see the main foreigner demean the worker.



This is why people suck.

1 comment:

PrawnKing said...

its really bad to see this... now i know why they ban tourist from there...