Wednesday, March 18

Like Riding A Bicycle

That was the longest break on my blog since it began. A whole month between two posts. I'm not ashamed, I've been more than busy what with a new job, new home, new city, and non-stop things happening around me (friends coming, family etc).

But I'm definitely back.

Everything's going well, and the big news is... Keiko will be here in 9 days! It's been 8 months since I left Japan and we were considering how we would've felt if we knew then what we know now. I hope you'll be glad to know that we still would've gone for it.

I'm finally settled in now, without any big changes to routine, so I'm sure the weekends will be touristy and I'll have lots to report on. The evenings too, as the summer draws near; I'll explain in greater detail soon but where I'm living is great - today I walked home across Hyde Park and through Kensington High Street. Can't ask for much better in London.

However, I'm not going to write about the past month in one big go. I need to wean myself back into writing; I haven't forgotten how but I'm not ready to write an essay just yet. (Apply that to the bike analogy as you will.)

So just know that I'm happy and positive, and finally excited about the present, not just the future.

While my heart belongs in Tokyo - hence the remaining title name*/** - I'm content in London.

Here we go...

*I dreamt about Tokyo every night so far this week. This is a love story that isn't going anywhere.
**And I'm not changing the web address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 chapter of your story seems missing..the 5 months we shared together. (there must be one thing worth mentioning about it??)

Anonymous said...

Glad your back!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back! I was starting to get a bit bored with the train poster entry.