Thursday, March 19

Nice To See I Was Missed

3 comments already! That's enough motivation for me to type a little more.

Another weird one today - back at my Auntie and Uncles' house for a funeral-type thing. I swear, I'm never in my new apartment for more than two days in a row. And now it's late, so that'll do for today.

I'll leave you with this interesting thought: we have 'parents', 'sibilings', 'grandparents', and even 'cousins'. So why is there no collective for aunt and uncle? It's a frustrating aspect of English and I'm sure I've written about it here before, but never more has it been so burdensome when I explain (in a longer than necessary breath) "I'm staying at my uncle-and-aunties' house. Also, isn't 'uncle' such a strange-sounding word!

Finally, of course I enjoyed living with you Oli. I miss living with you now but I was in Bournemouth way too long and it was time to leave. I'll never forget the months we shared, or the memories: the coffee cake, The Office, the zombie attack that we just about survived. You're always welcome to come and stay.

No comments: