Sunday, July 9

I HEART Tsunashima

Wasn't a very good day today, and I considered leaving Tsunashima to live somewhere else* but, on my way home, the girls - Jody and Rebekah - took me for Sushi. It was lovely and afterwards we realised it was Tsunashima's Summer Festival. In the town centre, by the station, all the streets had market stalls. We had toffee apples, and I had a jacket potato! The first proper one I've seen here. One stall was frying raw spaghetti, which is meant to be good but I didn't try it. Afterwards, we went to the river and watched fireworks. I realised how much I like Tsunashima.

Oh, and Jody won me two goldfish. They're in a food tub at the moment but one of the guys in my apartment block strangely had a fish tank, so now I just need to clean out the tank, get some food and buy a filter.

They need names. I'm considering Sushi and Sashimi (Sushi without the rice) but I'm quite set on Clarence and Alabama (from True Romance). Any suggestions?

Going to the festival means Thailand must wait another day.

*work sucked, people sucked, rent sucked...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Philip,

you should name the boggled eyed fish after the Japenese goal keeper and the gold one after a famous sumo wrestler.
They are remarkably similar to the two gold fish at home.
Do they eat Goldfish in japan, is it here they are worth thousand of pounds.......for the right variety?