Sunday, July 30

NOVA Students Say The Stupidest Things #16

Phil and a really stupid Student are discussing the issue of persuading when asking to borrow something:

Phil: So, do you understand 'persuade' now? You keep asking and giving reasons until the person says 'yes'.
Student: Yes.
Phil: Ok, let's practice. Persuade me to lend you my watch:

Student: Can I borrow your watch?
Phil: No.
Student: Persuade.

Phil bursts out laughing at the thought of this magical word which automatically makes someone lend an item.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try using the word hypnotised in discussion

Anonymous said...

Bonjour everyone who reads this wonderful blog. In case you have missed me and my comments, we have moved to France but are now back on-line (sort of). Of all the things I have missed whilst not having internet this last week, checking out Philip's blog daily is definitely top of the list. I am looking forward to reading Thailand Part 3.