Sunday, July 2

(Not Quite) Good To Go

I've booked a hotel for my first night and I'll scout around for somewhere to slum from there. You know the drill - windowless walls, prison cell homely feel - the whole shebang. And I have my re-entry visa permit for coming back into Japan. One guy who used to live here lost his and couldn't work.

All I have to do is pack. I'm travelling ridiculously light - two rucksacks. I was thinking about just one but that's a little extreme, even for me. Light is the way forward.

It still doesn't feel real - I can't believe that this time tomorrow I'll be nearing Thailand. And it'll be my birthday. Although that'll happen at midnight tonight. But you know what I mean.

I'm so excited about Bangkok - the Thai Green (i.e. HOT) Curry, the Floating Market - where the women sell their products on boats, and the Temples and Buddhas made from gold. There's so much I won't get a chance to see, but that can be saved for hardcore travelling after I finish in Japan.

And the week off work will be lovely too - 3 months straight without a bank holiday or anything.

Oooh, it's really happening.

No comments: