Saturday, January 3

Happy Moo Year!

Find a better title than that for the Chinese Year of the Cow/Ox!
I dare you.

We leave my year - the rat - behind and, if you turn 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96 or, indeed, if you are born this year, you are a cow. Don't have a cow, man. I don't mean cow literally, although I admit the cow isn't the most flattering of animals to be stuck with. Still, they are known for their determination and steadfastness, as well as producing dairy products (which might not be quite so relevant but where would civilisation be without the milkshake I ask you?).

If you are born in this year of the cycle, you join historical figures including Napoleon and Princess Diana.

As always, New Year cards featuring the relevant animal are sent out to friends and colleagues, with codes on the back for the prize-draw a few weeks later. Here's a selection the Terui's received. (One year they won a massage chair!)





Sendai also had a lot of snow:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Moo Year to all your readers. Sendai looks beautiful in the snow. I hope one day we get a chance to visit in person.