Monday, October 15

Every Cloud Has A Silver Screen

Losing my social life isn't really that apparent as of yet because of the extra two hours a day commuting. I do get to use iPhil more as well as finish some books I'd started months ago, but there was the odd evening where I finished slightly earlier and needed something to fill the time.

Fortunately, the cinema situation here is better than Japan, both in availability and price. There are two cinemas near my office and another branch by my home station (although not so convenient). So far I have seen Resident Evil 3 (pretty cool, lack of plot, awesome translation of some game sequences) and a Chinese movie: Lust, Caution. By Ang Lee, the director of Brokeback Mountain, I was expecting terrific things, but actually it was very flat, apart from its rather graphic sex scenes. And it was long. 2 hours 40 mins long. Reading subtitles that long isn't advisable, but it sure beats dubbing.

Tomorrow I might see Michael Clayton, the new George Clooney flick. Not sure about it, but at £3 a ticket, you can't go wrong! Actually, different days, times, and venues equate to a wide range of prices. It's quite complex:


Making up for last year's appalling turn-out and a general re-discovery of the moving image, I hope to go once a week here. There's usually two or three new releases, so expect a poll in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

City Of Men 2 out in November (apparently)

Anonymous said...

What about Bourne Ultimatum?