Thursday, April 3

Fax Off

University Applications - I have my personal statement ready, my referees are ready, everything is ready. Except my degree transcript - the application is all online and I have to include a breakdown of my results as a pdf or word attachment.

The easiest way, for everyone?, would be to email me the transcript. You would think.

I've had the runaround from the Student Records department at Warwick. They're playing hard to get, those teases. They can't send it by email as the 'programme doesn't allow that'. They can only post it or fax it.

Who uses fax anymore?! Fax was a terrible substitute while we the World waited for email. And even if I receive it by post or fax, what good does that do? I then have to scan it in myself.

Now, I've been asked for my address for 'security purposes'. How does my new address in Japan, a long time since I graduated prove anything?

Sorry for the rant, it was a shitty email to wake up to.

P.S. If you feel like sending hateful hate mail - or a fax - here's the email: aotranscripts@warwick.ac.uk - keep it anonymous, I still need their help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it sorted out yet?
Mum

phil-san said...

Yeah, Andrew has a clever "faux-fax" machine that is a fax number but receives the message and codes it digitally in an email. I gave them his number.

They emailed this morning to say they faxed him - I'll check when he wakes up - they also faxed one of my referees and they posted me a copy to Gotanda.

Will apply sometime this weekend.