Tuesday, May 23

I've Found A New Hero


Sadly, I missed Eurovision, but from what I've read, Eurovision missed out too. As you may know, some countries get automatic entrance to the finals (monetary reasons) and some compete in the semi-finals to select the last ten countries for the finals.

This year, the Icelandic entrant 'Silvia Night' just missed out on the top ten. Here is her entry:

Video – Silvia Night - Congratulations

Missing out by a few points, Silvia Night went mad (there's a lot of swearing):

Video – Silvia Night Goes Crazy

Ok ok, the actual truth is that this is all a big lie. Silvia Night is a character, in the same line as Ali G. But the actress is absolutely fantastic in the role. The big joke was that although there were boo's in the semi-finals for her, these were all the other entrants who believed she was for real.

Actually, the funniest thing is that the song itself is very Euro-pop, maybe too close to the truth of what Eurotrash really sounds like, but features incredible lines such as "Oh my god, a golden shower" and "Hello, is it god? What's up dawg? It's me, Silvia Night, your favourite person in the world. I'm saving the world!". Here are the lyrics:

Hey you, looking at me, I'm talking to you
I'm Silvia Night shining in the light -- I know you want me too
Born in Reykjavik in a different league -- no damn eurotrash freak
The vote is in, I'll freakin' win
To bad for all the others

So congratulations I have arrived
I'm Silvia Night and I'm shining so bright
Eurovision nation your dreams will come true
You've been waiting forever
For me to save you

Wham bam boom
My song's totally cool no yesterday's news
Really hot okay, really not too gay
I'm coming here to stay
Want a piece of me, listen carefully
You'll be D.E.A.D.
So boys and girls around the world,
Let's meet next year in Iceland

So congratulations I have arrived
I'm Silvia Night and I'm shining so bright
Eurovision nation your dream's coming true
You've been waiting forever
For me to save you

Oh my god, a golden shower

Hello is it god? What's up dog?
It's me, Silvia Night, your favourite person in the world
I'm saving the world
See you...bye

So congratulations I have arrived
I'm Silvia Night and I'm shining so bright
Eurovision nation your dreams will come true
You've been waiting forever
For me to save you

So congratulations I have arrived
I'm Silvia Night and I'm shining so bright
Eurovision nation your dreams will come true
Vote for your hero that's what you must do
I love you my European children

However, my favourite line has to be the beginning of the chorus "Congratulations, I have arrived". That has to be the funniest line I've ever heard. And people took it seriously. Too bad she didn't make it. I think she would've won. Especially when you see what did win:


The more I read about Silvia Night, the more I love her, and all her craziness. To top it all off, she's huge in Japan; everyone loves her here. One of the funniest things she's done is stole the show from Treble (the Dutch entrants this year) on the Icelandic version of 'This Morning'. Watch to the end when she takes over the song. Oh, and that's her 'boyfriend', the sexily-voiced Romariioooo:

Video - Treble In Iceland

"Did you puke? You look a bit sick", "I will just skip you, cause you are from another country and don't know musical notes". Brilliant. You can see why the other contestants hated her. Shame she didn't get to the finals and win.

The actress who plays her is actually very pretty in real life, Agusta Eva. She's only 22! This is her with her band, Ske:


And she has a nice voice. This is from an Icelandic tv show where famous musicians and band members team up to write songs and compete with other made-up groups (good idea, no?). Quite a nice little song:

Video – Agusta Eva Singing

Unlike those people who take it seriously (e.g. Gwen Stefani, Paris Hilton), this sh*t seriously is b-a-n-a-n-a-s. The world needs more people like her.

1 comment:

phil-san said...

what you think?

she's pretty in real life no?