Friday, September 22

Everything You Will Ever Need To Learn

Imagine a television show that attempts to teach useful phrases in another language. Sketches, translations and 'listen and repeat' all seem like very good ideas. So, of course, the Japanese tried it. But that wasn't enough:



How fantastic is: the music, the keep-fit costumes, the guy's backwards bandanna, the acting, the useless aerobics routine but above all, the sentences?!

The Japanese really believe that if you go to America you have a good chance of being mugged. It's fantastic, bizarre, weird and wonderful that these are the three phrases that are being drilled.

I really do adore this country for all its ingenuity and stupidity.

"take anything you want, take anything you want"... aargh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil. I do keep an eye on your blog. I think however this video clip is an old one used by Dorset Police to train officers. I'm not sure which part the officers play. Am I glad to be out. Hope you are doing well the next 6 months will fly by, are you going to come back to the UK or go on some where else? I would if I was you.

phil-san said...

hmm... back to 'sunny' 'cheap' England or go travelling? Time will tell.

Looking forward to seeing you.