Sunday, March 30

Hanami

The peak of the blossom, this weekend has been a picnicking, flower-observing extravaganza. I also saw a lot of my old students at Fiona's leaving party - it's been a year since I saw most of them last, craaazy. I'm going for the minimalist approach, so loglines and photos only:

SATURDAY:

OUTSIDE THE APARTMENT
PARALLEL ROAD (HIDDEN TREASURE OF TOKYO)
MEGURO RIVER
YOYOGI PARK (TOO BUSY!)
SUNDAY:

FUDO-MAE (NEAR GOTANDA)
SHINJUKU PARK
My first time here, as there are so many sakura spots, and I'm glad I made it. In the centre of the city, it's a huge park with large fields, ponds, and several varieties of cherry-blossom. It was so busy, we sat IN one of the branches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all so beautiful and quite stunning. I hope that the weather keeps fine and that the blossoms don't get blown off very quickly like last year. They wouldn't last very long here with the strong winds and heavy rain that we have been having lately.
Mum xxx

Unknown said...

Such lovely photos of the cherry blossoms! I haven't been able to take any photos yet this year. Hopefully I can before they're gone, plus it's been raining!

Oh and in reference to your comment, I think my boys are too young for that festival yet! Maybe if they were a few years older! I do have some limits, especially when it comes to my kids. lol.

What time does it occur? Maybe I could go myself while they're at school. Mata ne!

P.S. You also had great photos from your trip to Cambodia. I enjoyed them!

phil-san said...

hey, going to meet at the station around 11am. maybe see you there?