Tuesday, March 18

Piquing and Peeling

I arrived back in Japan this morning, after a gruelling 24 hour journey, which meant a slightly longer than brief stop-over in Thailand (my passport is choc-a-bloc with visas/entry stamps) and then the rush hour train across Tokyo to Gotanda. I managed to get back before Keiko left for work, which was a lovely bonus.


Oh yeah, Cambodia. So Siem Reap/Angkor Wat was incredible. I think I already wrote that. On a scale of how much affection I felt for it, I would say it's on a close level to Japan. Sadly Phnom Penh was, in accordance with the other travellers I met, a hole, and we only stayed there one night. The last few days were down at the South, in the beach resort of Sihanoukville. Closer to the Equator than the Tropic of Cancer, it was by far and away the hottest place and most exposed to the Sun I'd ever been. I have the red glow to prove it.


I filled the 1GB memory card* and will take some time to organise and write it up. In the meantime, here are some pictures to pique your interest. Especially this one, I'm assuming.


If only I could be paid to do this. Travel writing - surely the greatest gift there could be.

*actually, there are lots of doubles - as guide books and websites warned, the lighting is very strange there, so many pictures are the same under a different setting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pleased to see you back home safe and sound. Why not send some of your blog entries out to travel magazines and publications etc and see if anything comes of it.
Mumxxx