Monday, March 3

Stocking Up

I finally got round to selling my Hong Kong Dollars, about £100 worth. At the same time, I bought some Thai Baht (I only need a little bit, enough for a taxi to the airport, the bus to the border and some drinks in between - crazy that I sold the remainder from my last trip to Dad over a year ago!). I also bought US Dollars - apparently, it's the currency of choice in Cambodia and preferred to the Riehl. Something about the Mafia ruling the land and the currency being better for corruption. But don't let that worry you.

I also bought a Lonely Planet guide at a discount book-shop for £2.50 (rrp £13) and a SD Card for my camera - my third. I know I should just delete photos, and I do - but I've been going for two years now so I've filled up 2GB. The man in the shop said I could get store roughly 250 pictures on the 1GB card. Maybe at the finest superest-duperest quality, but who uses that. I just checked and it's good for 1600 snaps.



Oh, and a quick trip to the supermarket for groceries. The man (and he was an ominous-looking guy) bought:

7 tubs of yogurt
6 cartons of orange juice
5 cans of sweetcorn
3 packs of bananas
2 packs of apples
1 can opener (presumably for the corn)
and... 11 padlocks

That sounds like the most twisted debaucherous weekend. Or the wackiest version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you have fun in Cambodia! I bet it'll be thought provoking and very different from Japan. I've read that the poverty there is devastating. Please make sure to post lots of pics!