Sunday, March 9

Safe

I'm here - with very cheap internet (about 3op for an hour) but slow. Cambodia is, on first impressions, quite amazing. A fascinating place, with incredible natives, and a strange tourist system. The bus/border/taxi from Thailand to here was an adventure in itself - and of course I'll fill you in when I return. Saw part of the Angkor Wat complex today - the place is a nature reserve and spreads for about 3o kms. So much to see and do, so back again bright and early tomorrow morning.

Highlight of the day - a monkey sat next to me! Oh, and saw the Tomb Raider temple with the trees growing over it today.

It's beautiful but hot - got a bit burnt today. Hat tomorrow.

A cockroach just crawled up my leg, so I'm getting out of here.

I'll be in touch soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith's parents went to Cambodia a few years ago and they said what a fantastic and fascinating country it was - quite untouched by tourism (at least then). They have always said that it is one place they would really like to go back to. Looking forward to reading more of your observations. Keep away from those cockroaches!!!
Mum

Anonymous said...

Poor coackroach! Just when it was going to have some enjoyment. eh Wat.