Friday, January 5

明けましておめでとうございます!

As you may have guessed, the above - akemashte omedetou gozaimasu - means:

Happy New Year!

I hope everything goes great for all my blog readers this year and all that you dream and desire comes true.

I had an absolutely mind-blowing New Year's holiday up in Sendai. I was able to experience life in a Japanese home, try a lot of - incidentally I should add, delicious - food, events and a general feel of proper Japanese culture. I even went to the onsen with Keiko's Dad, eek! More to come...

Although Chinese in origin, the animal marking the New Year - this year the boar - is an important symbol in Japan. It features on decorations, New Year Cards*, adverts etc.

I wish you as great as year as the last - kotoshimo yoroshiku onegai shimasu:

今年もよろしくお願いします!

*As above - yes, I even received a Japanese New Year's Card, albeit from the gym

No comments: