Friday, January 12

NOVA Students Say The Stupidest Things #36

This edition focuses on an intriguing feature of Japanese society and what's accepted. For such a, on the whole, restrained and innocent people, they have no quarms about discussing toilet usage.

Every teacher has experienced this answer, when practicing "always/sometimes/usually..."
Teacher: "What do you always/sometimes.. do on the weekend"
Student: "I always go to the bathroom"

When discussing persuasive arguments:
Phil: The police have stopped you because you were speeding. Persuade them not to give you a ticket. You can be the policeman and you can be the motorist.
Student 1: Excuse me, you were speeding.
Student 2: I'm sorry, it's an emergency.
Student 1: What's wrong?
Student 2: I have diarrhoea.

When telling anecdotes:
Phil: In pairs, tell each other about a time you had an accident.
Student: I was on holiday and had diarrhoea and the toilet wouldn't flush.

A female student kept leaving the VOICE room:
Student: I'm sorry, I have diarrhoea.

Not a student, but one of the staff who comes out drinking with us:
Staff: "I'm catching a really bad cold. I'm getting better now but I couldnt stop diarrhoea. Maybe I can come on Tuesday because my dump is getting hard."

The week after:
Staff: "My dump is getting to hard finally."

No comments: