Friday, January 12

Now You Don't Know Your ABC

This week, I started working at a NOVA Kids' School on Wednesdays where, for 4 lessons, I teach children's classes before returning to my branch for the last two lessons. It's a great day because I get paid to travel and only teach 6 lessons all day instead of 8. Also, as my 'Friday', it's a good way to wind down the week.

However, some of the songs are a little frustrating. NOVA didn't get the rights to use some nursery rhymes and, therefore, the lyrics have changed somewhat.

In "A,B,C" - 'Now I know my ABC' becomes 'sing sing sing, sing sing sing sing, sing sing sing, sing sing with me'. That may sound annoying enough but try this one for "If you're happy and you know it":

'If you're happy happy happy clap your hands,
If you're happy happy happy clap your hands'

Doesn't sound so bad, until:

'If you're happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy clap your hands'!!!

No comments: