Friday, January 5

New Year's Resolutions

Ok ok, so you knew this entry was inevitable but it's a plea.

My resolutions are as follows:

1. Get Healthy
I'm pretty happy with my gym and swimming but Dr Gillian McKeith would not approve of my diet.* Lunch breaks are consisting of burgers etc, each day costing about £4. If I make salads for a few days at a time, it comes to around 50p per day. I save money and inches!

2. Read More Intellectual Books
I read a few fiction books but they all left me slightly underwhelmed. For example, 'Human Traces' by Sebastian Faulks was great but, centring on the study of psychology, it didn't teach me much that I didn't know from my course before. I decided that factual books are far more insightful and page-turning. This week I picked up a fantastic book which has actually inspired my plans after Japan; for now I'm holding back from revealing it. Which takes me nicely to:

3. The Next Step
I've decided that deciding on a definite path is not for me, at least right now. But moving forward is important. Choosing my next step is my biggest challenge over the next few weeks.

And onto my plea. Please make one of your resolutions leaving comments here if you don't already. For those comment virgins: don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt one bit.

Oh, and let us all know your resolutions!

*Regardless, she ain't sniffing my poo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My new year's resolution is not to make any any more.

phil-san said...

oops! you failed already!

Anonymous said...

Going to bed earlier was mine, it only lasted a week. I may try and stick to it though. The mornings are so dark at the moment it is really difficult to wake up.

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew said...

Not that endorsement by McKeith is a good thing... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6167064.stm (note how they refer to her in the final paragraph ;-)