Tuesday, February 13

Image Of The Week #27

When I was about 15, I walked home from school one day through Winton Rec. On reaching the playground, I saw the most incredible rainbow. Nothing special about it, but for that moment I felt that I was lucky and should use it as a symbol that, to use another set of weather terminology, every cloud has a silver lining. Nothing was wrong and I didn't mean it for any particular situation, but just in general. I can't explain it properly but that moment stayed with me for a long time. I never experienced it again until last weekend.

(Tsunashima, 11th Feb 2007)

The Winter meant that sunset happened before I finished work on the weekends at 5:40. However, this was the first weekend that I managed to catch the skyline before it turned dark. The train ride home was simply breath-taking; there's one section for about one minute which is just open and flat with no buildings so you can see the mountains in the background. The sky was tinted red at the bottom with the silhouette of land only arched skywards by the outline of Mt Fuji. I had exactly the same feeling, and the memory fled back.

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera handy, but got this one on Tsunashima Bridge. Although you can see the colour of the sunset and Fuji just sticking up in the middle, it doesn't do justice to the panoramic view from the train.

I'll be ready next weekend.

No comments: