Friday, February 2

I've Come Un-Schtumm

I decided never to share the blog with anyone in Japan, for hopefully obvious reasons.

However, it became time to let Keiko in on the website; officially the second person living in Japan to be a part of the readership. I was a bit apprehensive telling her, but as I've been publishing photos and stories about her online it only seemed fair to ask her for permission.

She was amazed how in-depth and nicely presented it is; although she's corrected quite a few Japanese mistakes already. It'll be good to have an editor in that sense. Plus, with all the travelling we've done together, it's nice for her to have a memento. She even said that many tourists and even Tokyoites would buy the book if it was published.

Actually, as I was showing her around the blog - she has a LOT to catch up on! - and there were so many entries I'd forgotten about. It was at that moment where I knew all the time and effort doing this was worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It gives me great pleasure to be the first among us collective readers of the blog to say,

"Hello Keiko!!!".

xx

Anonymous said...

i just emailed grandma jean saying you could have made this a book!

Anonymous said...

Philip, from the begining we said you should make this a book. Perhaps their is an industry out there.... directed at the language schools, like a teachers insiders guide".... maybe split into distinct areas.... a funny book of stupid things students say.... could be an Xmas best seller.
It would also be good to have a natives input.... so come on keiko lets see your views on the foreign teachers... and the silly things they say and do...

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!!!

I was very nervous and it took long to leave my first comment here. This blog is wonderful because I feel like I'm having the second traveling as I read through each story. I am so glad that Phil let me know this blog:)