Thursday, February 8

A Room With A Futon



It's been a long time coming, but my room was finally tidy enough to show you. As you can see, it's a pretty decent size; much bigger than many rooms in Japan, but not quite 'Cribs' size. The floor area is 6 tatami mats, and when my futon (sheets were in the wash) is folded up, it looks even bigger. The balcony is a nice feature, and although in Winter the big double glass doors build up a lot of condensation, it allows a lot of light and fresh air in.



The coolest thing is the amount of wardrobe space I have. The bottom area is big enough to store my futon, suitcases, and a lot more leftover. However, joined to my door, accessing more than one section at a time, is like a puzzle, sliding each door in turn.





There's plenty of place for 2 and maybe 3 people to sleep, so if anyone finds themselves in my neck of the woods. The rest of the apartment is, thanks to Tom and Bruce, too disgusting to show you right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in the first pic who is in the photo frame?

phil-san said...

It's Dan with the jump rope. It's a rotating picture frame; I change the picture every week or so.

Say it with me... Orofish. Car Seat. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Philip. Do you remember when Daniel bought the jump rope in Leamington? It still makes me laugh just thinking about it. The room looks great, loads of space for us!

phil-san said...

What a beautiful park that was. Almost makes me miss England.