Tuesday, December 25

Astonishing

This really was one of the most remarkable and extraordinary sights I have ever seen. I was walking through Sha Tin park (see the entry before) and I came to an open area of grass, with benches around it. The day was, as usual, hot, so when I saw a woman sitting on the bench with an umbrella I was more than confused. Not that it was strange because the umbrella was open and she might have been protecting herself from the sun. No, she was sitting in the shade, and the umbrella was fully open and dripping wet.

Why would it be wet?

And then it clicked.

When I saw the sprinkler in the grass.

Every minute or so, the sprinkler would come round to her and she would hold the umbrella up to protect herself from getting wet.

How insane is that? Why wouldn't she just move to an empty bench?

I was momentarily stunned and when I went to get my camera, her sensible friend who was sitting further away shouted to her about me, and they started laughing, so I politely backed off. I regret not taking a picture every day.

No comments: