Tuesday, December 4

Hotel Alone

I woke up this morning with the sun blaring down on me. Would've been lovely except for a few key points:

1) I felt very awake for 6:50am.

2) The sun shouldn't have been that bright.

3) The time on my alarm was 1am.

4) I felt very awake for half an hour's sleep.

5) The sun shouldn't have been that bright for 1am.

The above, which was quite elementary (dear Wong-son) was that my alarm hadn't gone off. Aaaaagh! There had been a power cut sometime during the night, 1am I was guessing.

It was 8:30am and, although I managed to leave my room at 8:40(!), I was one hour late for work. Is that my fault?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How strict are "they" out there regarding lateness? I know in Japan the public services are very punctual, but what is like in Hong Kong? Is it part of their culture to have things on time?

Andrew said...

1am might mean that the power had come back on 1 hour previously as most of them tend to start again from midnight.

Time to get a radio-controlled battery-backed alarm clock!