Tuesday, December 25

Seasons Greetings

I'm all unpacked and settled back into Tokyo. It was a mix of emotions being back; I was only gone 3 months, I know, but I'm not sure if it feels long or short? So much happened in that time including returning home and it feels much longer. Yet it also seems like I was hardly away. It's great to be able to converse with people and understand signs and announcements here, but it's freezing! Now Hong Kong feels like a dream, after only 4 days it doesn't seem as if I was there at all. I guess it's been an unexpected roller-coaster, and I'll settle back into life here for the next few months until I move on again.

I've been out and about loving Japan and all its eccentricities again. I went ice-skating down in Yokohama, where we actually saw the Coca-cola vans - holidays are coming!

Last night, we went to Odaiba*, which was crazily busy, and saw The Bourne Ultimatum. There aren't many films that I've been so heavily anticipating and can actually meet expectations, but this one far exceeded them. And then some. It was bloody brilliant! And I'm glad I waited to see it on the big screen (the flight back to Japan was showing it - that is temptation). I might see it again, or wait for the boxset. It's climbed up dramatically to now become the top of my favourite trilogies.

Anyway, it's a normal working day here so Keiko's at work, which gives me some time to update a bit more. Have a great day to family and friends, near and far, wherever you may be, whatever you may be doing, however you may be doing it, and whoever you may be doing it with xxx

Finally, the Rainbow Bridge actually lived up to its name.

*without doubt, still the greatest place on Earth.

No comments: